How to: Face Mask
During the last few days I've researched the usefulness of face masks, and the most suitable materials and designs.
This is the outcome of my research, along with a New York Times article on choices of material.
The design that I'm offering:
- can be made by beginners (with or without a sewing machine);
- is entirely made of cotton;
- is designed to allow the sliding in and out of padding which will be made of a material of your choice;
- it can be washed at high temperatures (there are no elastics, plastic or metal components that could be damaged);
- because of the removable padding, the padding itself can be single use
- the straps and the chin panel allow for a closer fit.
As with anything, this mask can be improved or it may become obsolete as new discoveries
are made on how to limit the spread of COVID-19.
THE MASK ALONE DOES NOT GIVE 100% PROTECTION AGAINST THE SPREADING OF THE VIRUS.
STAY UP-TO-DATE WITH THE LATEST INFORMATION ON https://www.australia.gov.au/
What's the Best Material for a Mask? (nytimes.com 5/4/20)